The money you raise makes a difference for the people of Ethiopia!
How to Fundraise
Run for Water is pleased to launch a new fundraising program for 2013. This program will allow you to do all your fundraising online. You can set up a personal fundraising page and email friends and family, inviting them to make online donations to HOPE International Development Agency (Run for Water's charity). You will be able to track your fundraising goals and therefore benefit from fundraising rewards.
If online fundraising is not for you, you can download our Pledge Form and track your donations manually.
Please note all fundraising must be complete by May 26th. In order to receive your fundraising rewards, you must complete a Prize Claim Form and submit it at the Race Expo (May 25) or on race day (May 26) to the Donations tent.
- Set a goal and track progress with a chart (thermometers are a popular option).
- Make a list of potential donors (family, friends, neighbours, local businesses, etc.).
- Use online fundraising program or pledge forms to record names of donors and the amount they give.
- Have suggested amounts to make their donations tangible ($35 can give a child clean water for life).
- Publicize your campaign - make posters, place ads or articles in the paper or in church bulletins.
- Set a deadline for collection of funds.
- Send a letter or email to tell people why your are raising money and ask them to be involved (see below).
- Use creative ways to raise money - host a garage sale, bake & sell cookies, offer yard/cleaning services to your neighbours for a donation fee, collect pop cans, etc.